BCMN is expanding our outreach. In 2024 we will have our first BCMN mission trip. This will be like no other mission trip. BCMN endorsed missionary Jonathan Lasse, missionary to France, has a burden to have an evangelistic outreach during the summer 2024 Olympics that will be held in Paris. We will have three separate groups, going at separate times, which will be part of this outreach. Each of the three weeks, we will have 36 people passing out tracts and witnessing to people outside of the Olympic venues and the tourist attractions in Paris for 5 days. That equals 540 days of evangelism to the world. We plan to pass out 500,000 tracts that will have a QR code that will send people to a website with a gospel presentation in 10 languages. We are also setting up geomarketing that will allow us to place ads on the phones of thousands of people at an Olympic stadium. Here is how that will work. We will pass out tracts outside of an Olympic event. Once the people are inside the Olympic stadium they will see an ad on their cell phone that will drive them to our website where they can hear a gospel presentation and provide information on any missionary that may be in their country.
The Olympics gives us an opportunity to witness to people like Philip did with the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8. An unnamed Ethiopian man in the book of Acts took a trip from Ethiopia to Jerusalem. His round trip would have been in the thousands of miles. He came to Jerusalem to worship. He did not find what his heart was drawn to in Jerusalem, but God sent him a man on his way home who told him about Christ. Imagine: a man leaves his home in Ethiopia to travel to Israel, and God leads Phillip in Samaria to meet up with him somewhere between Jerusalem and Gaza. God does work in mysterious ways.
The hope of Paris 2024 is that kind of spiritual encounter will happen again. Well over 1 million people will leave there homes to travel to Paris for the 2024 Olympics. 108 people will leave their homes in the United States to go to Paris for the purpose of sharing the gospel with them. We will have the opportunity to witness to people who live in countries where the gospel is not allowed or not available. For them, this may be the only time they ever have a chance for a gospel witness.
Now for some of the details. We will have 3 groups on this mission trip. This will be a 10 day mission trip. The dates for each group are:
- Group 1: July 24 – August 2, 2024
- Group 2: July 31 – August 9, 2024
- Group 3: August 7 – August 16, 2024
Each group will fly together from Newark, New Jersey, and land in Paris. From Paris the group will go to a Bible Institute that has rented us their dorm rooms for housing. Starting the next day each group will spend 5 days on the streets of Paris passing out tracts and witnessing. After the 5 days the group will take the Chunnel from Paris to London. Housing will be at International Student Housing in London. The group will spend 2 days in London. They will have an option to take a tour of London one day and a Spiritual Heritage tour the next day. On the Spiritual Heritage tour you will see Spurgeon’s church, Westminster Abby and other sites where people like John Wesley preached some of his famous sermons. From London the group will fly back to Newark, New Jersey.
Here are the opportunities you have to be a part of the outreach.
- Start praying now for this outreach. There are many details to work out, and we know Satan will make this as hard as he can. Pray specifically for the kind of spiritual encounters that Philip had with the Ethiopian.
- Plan to go on the trip. For more information and an application go to www.Sentinc.org and click on Paris Olympics 2024. The cost of the trip is $2,999. That includes round-trip plane fare to and from Newark, housing, transportation in Paris, transportation to London and most of your food costs in Paris.
- Give. As you can imagine there are a lot of costs for a mission trip like this. The $2,999 covers the cost of the person who goes on this mission trip, but it does not cover the costs of the 500,000 tracts, the geomarketing, the legal fees to make sure we are doing everything right and the set up costs. We need to raise $60,000 for this one opportunity to share the gospel with 500,000 people, some of which will never have had the opportunity to hear before. Donations can be sent to
P.O. Box 80317
Canton, OH 44708
Make checks out to Sent, Inc. and specify the funds are for Paris Olympics 2024, or give online at www.Sentinc.org.
For more information contact Lewis McClendon
(330) 605 6959